What is Comment mode?
In the latest Avocode update, we wanted to help you focus either on inspecting the design or just commenting. We created two separate interfaces and added a new switch in the top bar so you can easily go back and forth.
We also added General Comments which can be used to comment on the entire design. To make this crystal clear, there are two ways to start a design conversation now:
- Add a design ANNOTATION on the canvas (select a pinpoint or area)
- Add a GENERAL COMMENT in the new sidebar to comment on the whole design
Entering Comment mode in the Avocode App
There are two ways to do this:
a) Open Comment mode from the Project manager
TIP: This way is faster.
1. Open any project in Avocode
2. Click on the little comment icon in the top right corner of each design preview tile.
3. You will go directly to the Comment mode. Then you can easily switch to the Inspect mode in the top bar (see below).
b) Open Comment mode from the Design view/Inspect mode
1. Open any design in Avocode
2. Now you're in the so-called Inspect mode.
3. Click on COMMENT in the top bar.
You'll be taken into a different design view. There is a new right sidebar where all your Annotations and General comments will be listed.
TIP: Move around the design canvas by holding the SPACE bar and dragging your mouse. (On Mac you can also use two fingers on your Touchpad).
1. Click on the design canvas and start typing
This way you will create a pinpoint annotation.
2. Click & drag over the design canvas and start typing
This way you will create an area annotation.
TIP: If you decide to start over - for example, select a different point - just hit ESCAPE before you Post the annotation. If you already posted it, you can edit the content as well.
NOTE: The annotations are always tied to a design version. This means, that when you add a new design version with a different layout, the older annotations will be still positioned as they were before. The new design version should respond to feedback from the previous design version annotations. When the suggested changes are implemented, you can either solve or delete the old annotations.
All your ANNOTATIONS will be listed in the sidebar on the left. Only the first message of the annotation thread is shown. When you click on the annotation in the sidebar, the canvas will be repositioned and you will see the entire conversation.
Annotations are numbered and listed in a chronological order as they were created. The newest annotation is always on top.
When you solve an annotation, it will turn green.
You can Hide solved annotations from the list by clicking on Hide solved.
To reveal hidden solved annotations hit Show 1 solved.
Say something about the entire design by typing your comment in the GENERAL COMMENTS section in the sidebar.
All comments will be listed in a chronological order.
To start and reply more detailed conversations, please use ANNOTATIONS.
NOTE: When someone adds an ANNOTATION or a GENERAL COMMENT it will show in your notifications.
Editing annotations and comments
When you're not satisfied with the annotation or general comment you already submitted, you can easily edit it:
- Just hover over the annotation text or general comment
- You should see the "Edit" option appear on hover
- Click on "Edit" and submit the annotation or general comment again with Enter
Entering Comment mode in the Avocode Manager
This mode currently appears when you:
a) open a design via the Avocode Manager on the web,
b) when you open a design via a public link.
FYI: This Comment mode view will soon be fully replaced with the app.avocode.com interface.