3 ways how to import an .xd file into Avocode
Before your start, please make sure you have saved the XD document.
2. Open Avocode and press +ADD DESIGN in any project
Browse to select the design file you wish to upload.
3. Open the design in Adobe XD app and go to File/Export/Avocode
Avocode app will be launched and import the .xd file into your project.
Tip: You can also use a shortcut CMD + ALT + E.
How to upload a new design version?
- Go to the Project manger in Avocode and drag and drop the updated XD document on the preview tile of the previous version.
- You can also upload new versions fro the Inspect mode. Click on the version icon in the bottom left corner and hit the +UPLOAD NEW VERSION button in the left side bar. Then browse to select your XD file and sync it.
New artboards will be added as new and those that you changed will be synced as a new version.
Excluding artboards from sync
Avocode imports the entire Adobe XD document by default. If you’d like to select artboards that should not be synced, place a dash “-” or an underscore “_” in front of the name of the artboard.
- We do not support older .xd formats. In case you’re having a problem with importing Adobe XD file because of its outdated format, please create a completely new Adobe XD design, copy and paste the artboards into the new Adobe XD file and save it. After you do that, it should be possible to sync the design just fine.
- If your design fails to be imported, looks different than expected, or something unexpected happens, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can fix it. Thanks.