How does versioning in Avocode work?
1. Add a new design version
In Project manager drag & drop the new version of a Sketch, XD, Photoshop or Illustrator design directly on top of the older design file. Alternatively you can right-click on the design and select Add new version from the menu.
Note: If there's already a file with the same name as the file you are importing, Avocode will ask you if you want to update the file or keep both.
2. Sync the new version from the design tool.
- Sketch: Press CMD + ALT + J in Sketch to upload all artboards to Avocode.
- Adobe XD: Press CMD + ALT + E (macOS) or CTRL + ALT + E (Windows) to upload all artboards to Avocode.
- Figma: Press CMD + ALT + E (macOS) or CTRL + ALT + E (Windows) to upload all artboards to Avocode.
👉🏼 Tip: To exclude artboards from sync, add a dash or an underscore at the beginning of the artboards name.
Artboards with same name will be synced as new versions - even if the artboard has been moved to a different Page.
- If there are more artboards with the same name, Avocode decides based on the artboard ID - the matching artboard is added as a new version and other artboards are added as new artboards (Version 1).
- Learn more about the versioning logic.
👉🏼 Tip: You can add description to every version. Learn more.
Switch between design versions
By default, you always see the latest version of your design.
To see the list of your design versions click on the V1 button. Versions are chronologically ordered. You can also download any version from here.
NOTE: If you share a design public link with anyone outside your team, they will be able to switch between design versions - even on mobile devices.
- In order to Comment they need to use the desktop browser or Avocode desktop app.
- In order to Inspect the design, they will have to request invitation to your team.