1. Direct upload
Drag & drop the new version of a PSD, Sketch, XD, AI, PNG, JPEG, BMP, GIF or TIFF file directly on top of the design file (it works in the Project manager, Inspect mode and Comment mode).
If there is a file with the same name in the project where you’re trying to import your design, Avocode will ask you if you want to UPDATE FILE (new design will be added as a new version), or KEEP BOTH.
2. Navigate to the version switcher and click on Add new version
3. Select a design, click on the three dots in the corner and select Upload version
4. Sync via plugin
Open the design in the design tool.
- Sketch: Press CMD + ALT + J in Sketch to upload all artboards to Avocode or select particular artboards that you want to sync and press CMD + J.
- Adobe XD: Press CMD + ALT + E (macOS) or CTRL + ALT + E (Windows) to upload all artboards to Avocode.
- Figma: Select one or multiple frames and press CMD + ALT + E (macOS) or CTRL + SHIFT+ E (Windows) to import frames to Avocode. (Learn more)
👉🏼 Tip: To exclude artboards from sync, add a dash or an underscore at the beginning of the Page or Artboard name.
5. Upload a new version via Dropbox
Depending on the subscription plan and design format there are three different ways to upload a new file version from Dropbox.
a) Select the design file and click on context menu to choose New version via Dropbox.
b) Alternatively, you can click on Add from Dropbox in side panel.
c) Navigate to the version switcher and click on New version via Dropbox
How does the versioning logic work?
Artboards with the same name will be synced as new versions - even if the artboard has been moved to a different Page.
- If there are more artboards with the same name, Avocode decides based on the artboard's ID - the matching artboard is added as a new version and other artboards are added as new artboards (Version 1).
- When you upload a version of your design, which includes new artboards, these artboards will appear as a new version in Avocode.