We support SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language), which is an industry-standard way for identity providers like Okta and OneLogin to securely pass authorization credentials to Avocode. Enterprise administrators can rest easy knowing that their users' Avocode accounts are secured by the same identity provider that they already trust.
How to log into Avocode using Single Sign-On (SSO)?
- Make sure that your team has SSO enabled.
- Go to https://app.avocode.com, the desktop app, or your organization’s personal Avocode login link.
- Click the "Login via SSO" link at the bottom right corner of the login page.
- Enter your email address and click "Continue".
- This will take you to your identity provider for login.
- You are now logged into your Avocode account.
How to set up Single Sign-On (SSO) for your team?
Many identity providers support the SAML standard and we've provided setup instructions for the most common ones. However, if you use a different identity provider and need help setting things up, please contact our support team.
1.Navigate to your Okta admin dashboard and click Applications.
2. Click App Application and then Create New App.
3. Ensure that platform is Web and SAML 2.0 is selected.
4. Name the app "Avocode".
5. You can upload this icon for the app: https://avocode.s3.amazonaws.com/logo.png
6. Click Next.
7. Fill in the following values with placeholder text (we will change them later);
8. Click Next.
9. Click "I'm an Okta customer..." and then click Finish.
10. In the settings page, there is a yellow section that says, "SAML 2.0 is not configured..." Click View Setup Instructions.
11. Go to the bottom of the page to the section labelled "Provide the following IDP metadata to your SP provider". Copy and paste that block and provide it to Avocode Support.
12. Avocode Support will reach back out to you shortly with the values necessary to complete the setup process.
13. Click the General tab, scroll down to the SAML Settings section and click Edit in the top right corner.
14. Click Next.
15. Fill in the following values (referencing the response from Avocode Support):
- SP ACS URL → Single sign on URL
- SP Audience URL → Audience URI (SP Entity ID)
16. Click Next and then Finish.
- Navigate to your OneLogin admin dashboard and click Applications and then Add App.
- In the search box, type "saml test" and press Enter.
- Click SAML Test Connector (IdP w/ attr w/ sign response).
- Name the app "Avocode".
- You can upload this icon for the app: https://avocode.s3.amazonaws.com/logo.png
- Click Save at the top right side of the screen.
- Click the SSO tab. Hover over the More Actions menu and click SAML Metadata.
- Send the downloaded file to Avocode support.
- Avocode Support will reach back out to you with some variables to fill into the Configuration tab.
- Click Configuration.
- Fill in the following variables.
- SP Audience URL → Audience (EntityID)
- SP ACS URL → ACS (Consumer) URLSP ACS URL -> Recipient
12. Enter the string "^https:\/\/.*" in the ACS (Consumer) URL Validator.
13. Click Save at the top right side of the screen.