TIP: You can import Illustrator designs to Avocode also directly - just by drag & drop. It works on Windows, Linux, macOS (without Adobe Illustrator app) and even on the web. Learn more.
How to set up the Avocode Illustrator plugin?
- Turn off your Adobe Illustrator.
- Install the latest version of the Avocode desktop app for macOS or Windows.
- The Avocode PS plugin will be automatically installed with the app. If you had a Illustrator plugin in the past, the new plugin will automatically replace it.
How to sync a AI design from Adobe Illustrator?
NOTE: Uploading Illustrator designs to Avocode via plugin requires to have:
- macOS 10.9 and higher or Windows 7 and higher (this is not required if you upload designs directly via browser)
- Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 and higher. At best import AI designs saves as Illustrator CC (Legacy). If you upload designs saved as Illustrator 2020 - Avocode will not sync artboard names and will rename them generically as Artboard 1, 2,...
1.Before your start, please make sure you have saved the AI document as PDF compatible and that all objects that you want to hand-off to the developer are placed on artboards. Also please check that you're using RGB color profile.
2. Open Adobe Illustrator, go to Window/Extensions and click on Avocode.
3. Avocode plugin window will show up.
4. Save the Adobe Illustrator file.
NOTE: If you want to see your Artboard names at Avocode, save your design as Illustrator CC (Legacy).
5. Click SYNC NOW in the Avocode plugin.
6. Avocode desktop app will automatically open (even when its turned off) and you will be able to select a Project or a Subfolder where you'd like to import the file.
7. Once the upload and processing is done, all your team members will be notified that there is a new design (if they have enabled e-mail notifications and/or set up the Slack notifications integration).
NOTE: You can keep working in Illustrator during the upload. You can watch the upload progress on the Avocode icon in your Dock. Please don't close the Avocode app during the design upload.
8. Now you can double-click on the design to open it in Avocode.
9. Now you can inspect the design and export assets, specs and code.
How to upload new AI design versions?
Make sure uploaded AI files are named exactly as they were in the previous version. If the name matches, the AI will be added as a new version.
NOTE: You can only sync the whole AI file. At the moment it is not possible to exclude AI artboards from sync. If your file is over 500MB we suggest breaking it into smaller files.